Art and History in France
Lessons to better understand the French history
Build your knowledge of famous French events and individuals that have had an impact on the world with this online French history and art course.
Lessons are created specifically for your language level and topics of interest.
Learn about art of the Renaissance and other periods in European history.
Our short online courses in art and history include live-time weekly classes and flexible online courses.
Assistance & Feedback
You can ask for as much error correction, explanations, and feedback!
Perfect for French learners
The course is open to absolutely everybody – whether you are a student considering coming to university or you are interested in learning more about French history
Study from anywhere in the world! Choose between the online course and the live class.
A weekly course to Improve your knowledge
These history classes and lectures focus on many aspects of France's rich history and allow you to engage with passionate french learners on a variety of topics prominent in the French story.
Listen, speak, & communicate in French
Topics covered in this course
Lesson 2: Stained Glass
According to the National Institute of Arts and Crafts, France, a land of cathedrals, is the country with the largest surface area of stained glass in the world, at 90,000 m2 of stained glass.
Lesson 4: Matisse, cut-outs
“Instead of drawing the outline and installing the color in it – one modifying the other – I draw directly in the color”
Lesson 5: Julie-Victoire Daubié, the first female baccalaureate
In 2020, three hundred thousand candidates are trying to get the baccalaureate. On August 17, 1861, there was only one.
Lesson 9: Ecole de Chartes
The School of Charters is the only institution in the world to train experts to decipher ancient writings, translate them, transcribe them and give their meaning to old documents – an estate, a deed of sale … – whatever either the medium, the language and the time.
“I showed her where to find the gold, but the gold she finds is hers.” Auguste Rodin
short rop was its existence. And yet Georges Bizet was a very inspired composer, drawing from literature and Italian landscapes, but above all from the torment of human feelings, of which he himself fell prey. Little recognized during his lifetime by the general public, his work had nevertheless conquered the circle of composers who saw in him the revival of French music.
Art and History classes: When and where?
The calls are exclusively online:
- every Monday at 3pm (Paris time) – Intermediates
6 French learners per group.
$49 covers one month class for 1 person and includes:
- Pre-call preparation: Before every call, I will submit specific questions to help you understand all the elements that the reading group will discuss.
- A new lesson each week: we’ll study one new lesson each week
- 1-hour call each week: This is the time when the group meets online to discuss with me and other French learners on Zoom.
- Follow-up emails
- Access to previous lessons
Start learning today!
Take the online course
Join the live classes
> 15 lessons
> 1 new lesson per week
> Follow-up emails
> Pre-call preparation
> 1 hour call per lesson
> Follow-up emails
Do you have a question ?
Explain your needs during a free consultation.
Online French Program
Are these courses right for you?
WHO THIS PROGRAM IS FOR
- The program is suitable for learners with an intermediate or advanced level of French
- Learners who want to improve their French level
- Learners who are interested in Art and French History
- Learners who are ready to take the time to speak
- Learners who are interested in getting feedback and support
WHO THIS IS NOT FOR
- This course is not meant for complete beginners